2014年5月11日 星期日

Nuclear Issue Reflection

The nuclear issue is popular in Taiwan in the month. Compared with other classmates, it is still hard for me to have a clear standpoint about nuclear power and No.4 nuclear power plant. The more pro and cons information I read, the more confused I am. At the same time, I am upset at myself. Being unable to have a clear standpoint seems to be lacking of own opinions . And that is bad for a college student who is going to graduate in a year.


However, after watching the documentaries from National Geography and Discovery about Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters, I have some reflection. In my opinion, the biggest difference between the two disasters is that the nuclear problem was contributed by human being in Chernobyl and was resulted from nature in Fukushima. Nuclear power produces less air pollution than fossil power, and it’s cheaper too. However, what people have to pay may be their homes and lifes when nuclear disasters happen. In fact, I believe that the design of No.4 nuclear power plant is safer than the public consider and the manipulation problem from human being can be avoided. But how can a small island with 23 million people fight with nature? All the emergency equipment shut down when the tsunami came and thousands of people had to leave far away from the power plant. There is no enough space for people to escape in Taiwan. And I believe that there are no technical design which and fight against the natural power.

沒有留言:

張貼留言